Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Steveo46
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

McAfee Icon

Hi Peter,

This is where I stand. I ran Spybot no errors.

Malware -Clean

Ad-Aware -Clean

I decided to remove all the spyware & Ad-Aware & Malware from my system just in case something was messing me up with McAfee.

I upgraded to I.E.8 -No help there either.

With Malware I see "M" when I right click.

With Ad-Aware I see a small "A" when I right click.

The only thing that it could be is McAfee.

I uninstalled & Re-Installed after I removed 1 program at a time just to see if that was program screwing me up.I am convinced with all the trouble shooting I did It points to McAfee. All the other programs give me there Icon on a right click.Again I only saw the "M" on a right click was when a tech told me to reload the signature files.I must have done that 20 times yesterday.It is a long process uninstalling 1 program at a time & then reinstall Mcafee.I can't even remember how many times I did it.

What's Your Take,

Thanks

Steve

2 Replies
Steveo46
Contributor
Message 2 of 3

Re: McAfee Icon

Peter,

Just want to tell you ,I had to reload McAfee on my father's computer & when all said & done he also didn't have the "m" on a right click.

Thanks,

Steve

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 3

Re: McAfee Icon

Please stay with the original thread - locking this one.

http://community.mcafee.com/thread/19459?start=0&tstart=0

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community