Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Steveo46
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

McAfee Icon

Hi Peter,

First thing this morning I deleted all my temp files, Cookies, Clear out forms & Passwords.Then I unistalled Mcafee with the Mcafee tool.I then reinstalled Mcafee & still no icon.To clear your icon cache all you have to do is change the color from 32 bit to 16 bit back to 32.But I started this project with a clean system.I would think that this icon came in a Dat.Maybe you can ask McAfee in your weekly phone call if that is true & if it is maybe they would no the Dat number & I can reload it manually through thee McAfee threat center.Not sure if I made any sense but that is what went through my mind.

Thanks As Alway's

Steve

4 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 5

Re: McAfee Icon

Peter might still be asleep so i will ask but which icon is it the icon for security centre on the desktop or the icon in the system taskbar?

A pic is worth a thousand words?

If it is the system taskbar icon right click a file and choose scan does the icon return?

Steveo46
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Hi Tony,

It is not really a big deal ,it is the McAfee icon when you right click on a file next to scan.

Thanks

Steve

Peacekeeper
Message 4 of 5

Was coming back to alter my post after reading your other thread. Yes will ask the powers that be . My beta shows the icon on scan as well. I wonder why you still on ie7?

Have your tried to reset IE to defaults or load ie8?

Strange as I said will ask on your behalf

Steveo46
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Sorry I had to take care of somethiing.Mcafee tech support took control of my computer last sunday because the update check on the main page was not showing the right date after a auto update.If you do a manual update the date changes correctly.Anyway still with that problem but did a google search & other users are having the same problem.If you click on about on the main page the date is correct.So tech support reloaded I.E.7.I still have the same problem but I am waiting for the new user interface to come out.Sometimes the date changes.

I would like to know why I don't see the icon next to scan.I never did.

Steve

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community