Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crc60
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

McAfee Antivirus Plus - Bottom Row Interface Icons Don't Respond

Hi,

I've ran MAP for years.  If there were issues, reinstall or reinstall executing post removal and preinstall checks solved the issue.

I updated a month ago to this years version of MAP and then reinstalled with post clean ups and reinstall prechecks due to the following issue.

When my Win 7 (fully patched) PC comes up, I can open the Anitvirus Console, click on and execute anything in the interface.  All works fine.

If my computer runs all day, I open the MAP Console and try to click on any of the interface's bottom row icons, then nothing happens.  The mouse pointer changes to indicate you can click "Run a scan", "application updates", "remove cookies", but nothing happens when the icons are clicked.

As indicated, I reinstalled with all checks and cleanups.  The PC runs fine otherwise on all apps and Windows OS apps, just MAP doesn't.

Thanks in advance,

Chuck

Superior, CO

3 Replies
crc60
Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: McAfee Antivirus Plus - Bottom Row Interface Icons Don't Respond

I fully removed the app, using all the removal and cleanup tools.

I reinstalled MAP, and the application shortcuts worked better for a time, but again its degraded again.  The lower row of "shortcuts" in MAP respond maybe 50% of the time.  Once they stop working, rebooting is the only way they MIGHT start to respond again.

This is very annoying and I didn't have this problem before upgrading to this years version.

crc60
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Still having the issue.  Works well for a while, then the lower row application shortcuts stop working reliably.

sanjay
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 4

@crc60

I have sent a Private Message to you. Could you please respond to it. Thank you.

Cheers

Sanjay

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community