cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 11 of 63

Re: McAfee Actively Working on Dat Rollback Issue being seen on Consumer Products

All the best.

nickfrompittsbu
Former Member
Message 12 of 63

Re: McAfee Actively Working on Dat Rollback Issue being seen on Consumer Products

Well I have had my automatic update thing turned on throughout this and this morning it went to 5864 and just now it went to 5865.

So I'll cross my fingers and toes and hope it's be ok.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 13 of 63

Brian, a user has just reported seeing 5865 go to 5866 then back again to 5865.   I haven't seen this but would be interested to know what is going on.

MoxieMomma
Former Member
Message 14 of 63

Yes, it is real and it is identical to what happened over the weekend (please see my post a few minutes ago on the other thread).

MVT (after manually updating back to 5866) is "no problems" (23553013.

I just terminated a useless chat session with Tier1, as the agent was unable to connect me to Tier 2.

He had no clue what I was telling him, despite my having sent him to reference the weekend's ticket # 440297878.

Tonight's ticket: 441965056.

MM

user_6
Former Member
Message 15 of 63

Hello,

the same here: yesterday I got 5866 by manually update and this morning I return to 5865 by an automatical update. Manually I returned to 5866.

So the problem is not solved.

I ran McAfee Virtual Technician: OK. Then I had a chat with a technician: they are aware with this porblem.But according to him, I have to uninstal all the McAfee products then re- download... That is the only solution proposed today. But, even if I do this, will the problem be solved? Because I think it is not my computers which are the problem but maybe McAfee server or something else THERE and not here.

What are your ideas about uninstalling all?

Regards,

Ce message a été modifié par: jerome.lichne on 20/01/10 04:12:54 CST
BMann
Former Member
Message 16 of 63

HI all,

We've resolved the issue for yesterday as well and put in some additional checks as part of the posting process.  Root Cause of the issue last night was different from that seen this last weekend, but the impact was the same as you have seen.  We have additional meetings today around this subject.

I do truly apologize for the problems and headaches that this has caused.

Thank you

Brian

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 17 of 63

Thanks Brian.

MoxieMomma
Former Member
Message 18 of 63

Thanks, Brian.

Thanks, Peter.

(Someone might wish to advise Tier1 TS NOT to tell users to uninstall/reinstall for this particular issue.  This seems to be the reflex response, and, even last night, that's what Jerome was told to do.)

MM

user_6
Former Member
Message 19 of 63

Hello,

and thank you for these news.

Can we expect a real solution and an automatical update to DAT 5867 in a few hours?

Did I understand well?

And what about the advice of the McAfee techician I chat with, to uninstall all?

Is the good behaviour is to wait and get the path which will fix our problem by update?

Regards,

Ce message a été modifié par: jerome.lichne on 20/01/10 11:01:13 CST
user_6
Former Member
Message 20 of 63

Sorry MM, I was writting the same thing at the same time..

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community