cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MoxieMomma
Former Member
Message 21 of 63

Re: McAfee Actively Working on Dat Rollback Issue being seen on Consumer Products

Update:

I just got the popup that updates are available for d/l and install, as has been happening since yesterday (I have not installed anything since 5866 yesterday and have been asking for a reminder every 4 hours since then).  IOW, every time updater has phoned home since I turned off AU after reinstalling 5866 yesterday, it has told me there are "updates" available (which have been the rollback DAT 5865).

Since I already have 5866 (the latest version posted at McAfee.com), either this really is a newer DAT version (5867 or 5868?), OR the problem is still happening.

Running out of energy, time and patience to deal with this much longer.

Peter and Brian's assistance is most sincerely appreciated, however.

MM

BMann
Former Member
Message 22 of 63

Re: McAfee Actively Working on Dat Rollback Issue being seen on Consumer Products

We have passed on to Support about the inaccuracies that they have there on trying to resolve the issue.

The 5867 DAT files are in the process of replication so some of the download sites have picked up 5867, others still have 5866.

MoxieMomma
Former Member
Message 23 of 63

Thanks, Brian.

I will sit tight with 5866 for now, until I hear otherwise from you.

MM

BigJ
Former Member
Message 24 of 63

MoxieMomma wrote:

Update:

I just got the popup that updates are available for d/l and install, as has been happening since yesterday (I have not installed anything since 5866 yesterday and have been asking for a reminder every 4 hours since then).  IOW, every time updater has phoned home since I turned off AU after reinstalling 5866 yesterday, it has told me there are "updates" available (which have been the rollback DAT 5865).

Since I already have 5866 (the latest version posted at McAfee.com), either this really is a newer DAT version (5867 or 5868?), OR the problem is still happening.

Running out of energy, time and patience to deal with this much longer.

Peter and Brian's assistance is most sincerely appreciated, however.

MM

MoxieMomma I just ran a manual update check in Ohio at 12:30 pm and it said I am up to date with 5866 so maybe you do have 5867 on your server for texas.

Jerry

Message was edited by: BigJ on 1/20/10 11:35:28 AM CST
MoxieMomma
Former Member
Message 25 of 63

BigJ wrote:

so maybe you do have 5867 on your server for texas.

Jerry

Hi, Jerry:

Maybe.

Or maybe it's still 5865.

(Alas, there's no way to know until I install it.)

I guess I'll wait.

Trouble is, even if it *is* 5867 or 5868 or 999999999, until the server problem is resolved, there is no confidence that the current version will stick, before the servers try to push out yet another rollback version.

(I installed 5866 just fine yesterday.  It was only later in the evening that 5865 was shoved back at me....)

MM

BMann
Former Member
Message 26 of 63

The rollback issue was resolved on all servers overnight.  However, one thing we are finding is that some ISP's are caching the files so working on getting that resolved as well.

BigJ
Former Member
Message 27 of 63

MoxieMomma wrote:

BigJ wrote:

so maybe you do have 5867 on your server for texas.

Jerry

Hi, Jerry:

Maybe.

Or maybe it's still 5865.

(Alas, there's no way to know until I install it.)

I guess I'll wait.

Trouble is, even if it *is* 5867 or 5868 or 999999999, until the server problem is resolved, there is no confidence that the current version will stick, before the servers try to push out yet another rollback version.

(I installed 5866 just fine yesterday.  It was only later in the evening that 5865 was shoved back at me....)

MM

I know what you are saying is true as I will not turn automatic updates back on until I hear it is truly fixed.

Jerry

MoxieMomma
Former Member
Message 28 of 63

<snip>  until I hear it is truly fixed.

Jerry

Whatever THAT means!

If I had a nickel for every assurance we've received to that effect in the past 11 days, I could retire to a tropical paradise and get off the grid entirely.

Then I wouldn't have to spend my time troubleshooting my computer at all.

MM

BigJ
Former Member
Message 29 of 63

MoxieMomma wrote:

<snip>  until I hear it is truly fixed.

Jerry

Whatever THAT means!

If I had a nickel for every assurance we've received to that effect in the past 11 days, I could retire to a tropical paradise and get off the grid entirely.

Then I wouldn't have to spend my time troubleshooting my computer at all.

MM

I am not talking about McAfee telling it is fixed. I am waiting for users like you and others that are having problems. McAfee's words mean very little to me.

Jerry

MoxieMomma
Former Member
Message 30 of 63

I am waiting for users like you and others that are having problems. McAfee's words mean very little to me.

Jerry

Haha!

Be careful what you wish for!

I'm just a poor slob of an end user.

What scant "expertise" (using the term VERY lightly) I have derives nearly entirely from years of trial and error (lots of the latter) and an overly abundant sense of caution bordering on paranoia, when it comes to computers.

Regards,

MM

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community