Message 1 of 2

Manual scan always reports zero files scanned

I am running Windows XP SP 2
AMD Athlon XP 2.4GHz
1 GB of RAM

Security Center 9.0, build 9.0.295
VirusScan 13.0, build 13.0.218, DAT Version 5488.0000
Personal Firewall 10.0, build 10.0.209

Everything is up-to-date as of this afternoon.

When I right-click on a file or folder for a manual scan, it goes away to think about it for awhile, then gives me this report:

We finished a manual scan of your computer and there are no remaining items that require your attention. Remember, you can always start a full scan to thoroughly check for threats on your PC.

Results
Items Scanned: 0
Items Detected: 0
Items Fixed: 0
Items Quarantined: 0
Items Remaining: 0

Quick scan works, full scan works, scheduled scan works, the 'let me choose' scan works, just not the context-menu scan. It doesn't matter whether I click on a single file or an entire folder; I get the same result.

Can anyone help? I had had a similar problem before when I was running Windows 2000
(thread: http://forums.mcafeehelp.com/showthread.php?t=190899,
eventual solution: http://forums.mcafeehelp.com/showpost.php?p=500415&postcount=40)
but I was running a different OS then and it's always possible the causes are different.

I upgraded to Windows XP in approximately October and till recently hadn't had a need to do a manual scan, so I couldn't tell you if/when it ever was functioning properly since the VirusScan reinstall.

I have not attempted to reinstall McAfee yet and wouldn't like to try except as a last resort but if that's what it takes, I'll do it.

Does anyone have any advice?
1 Reply
BalaSGS
Former Member
Message 2 of 2

RE: Manual scan always reports zero files scanned

Hi

we are really sorry for the inconvenience. Do you still have the same issue?

If you have please let me know if are able to do manual scan in the safe mode or safe mode with networking

You can also try performing the DOS scan in the system.
•Windows XP system:
http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS100054&lang=en_US&prior_tid=2&AnswerID=16777217&turl...

Regards
Bala
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community