cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mwade
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Malicious Data in \winnt\temp\..\Naiupd.000\....

Hello,

I ran another virus scanner on a hard drive and found detections in a file called: Winnt\temp\...\Naiupd.000\randon number (i think). The file is 50MB. When I look at this external drive through other tools I can see that the file belongs to Network Associates..., and I see that the version is version 8x, so a little while ago. (I use version 13, that is why I posted here).

Anyway what I need to find out is what is in the contents of this file. When I pull out the strings I see ALL kinds of malicious data on the system (tftp this, DCC send that, worm this and virus that, basically a dialogue of everything and anything bad on a computer system imaginable. What I am trying to figure out is, is all of this data that has been previously quarantined by McAfee in the past? Is this a DAT file? Why am I see command strings that resemble bad stuff. I also see these same strings in heap dump files from Outlook/IE. I noticed that McAfee application crashed around the same time as the IE heapdumps.

Thanks
Labels (1)
2 Replies
mwade
Contributor
Message 2 of 3

RE: Malicious Data in \winnt\temp\..\Naiupd.000\....

Hello,

Any of the McAfee folks know the answers to these questions?

Thanks,
mwade
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Malicious Data in \winnt\temp\..\Naiupd.000\....

Hello,

Any of the McAfee folks know the answers to these questions?

Thanks,
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community