Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
audser19
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

MCAfee anti virus will not allow full scan

Jump to solution

I am having problems with my anti virus software.  When I try to run a scan I get an error message saying " an error has occurred. An unexpected problem occurred during your scan. Please click ok to go back to the homepage and then try running your scan again".  I tried this suggestion and it didn't work . then I went onto the McAfee website and tried to use the Virtual technician. This fixed some of the problems but when I went back in to try and scan again, I got the same error message.  CAn you please help????

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
audser19
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

Re: MCAfee anti virus will not allow full scan

Jump to solution

Thx so much. Have just contacted a live technician assistant via chat on mcafee website and they have sorted it for me. Many thx

View solution in original post

3 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

You could try running the Virtual Technician again perhaps.

Also should all else fail you could try uninstalling via Control Panel in the nromal manner

Then running the MCPR cleanup tool, reboot

Reinstall from your online account.

Make sure your system is totally up to date including, even if you don't use it, Internet Explorer.

McAfee utilizes it regardless of your default browser settings.

audser19
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

Thx so much. Have just contacted a live technician assistant via chat on mcafee website and they have sorted it for me. Many thx

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

That was going to be my next suggestion 😉

All the best.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community