Thanks for posting the info you that was told to you. Have you tried the workaround that Peacekeeper mentioned earlier in this thread on post 21?
No I haven't disabled is in the Bios. I could...but then I'd have to re-boot whenever I wanted to use the Floppy. To stop the floppy noise, at first I unplugged the power connector on the floppy. Now I've just disabled the Real-Time scanning. Not the best solution, I know. I could go into the Control Panel and disable the floppy, but I'd rather not be bothered. I use the 'sneeker net' every once in a while to move small files to off-line systems.
A couple of things:
1) the agent you spoke to - do you have his name or a case number ("SR" a.k.a. Service Request) so I can backtrack on who you spoke to? The information that was given you, as you surmised is incorrect; it's true that Microsoft won't be fixing any problems with XP after April 8th but we continue to support XP for now.
2) Our Dev is currently analyzing logs we captured on one machine and hopes to have their analysis complete by Monday. This doesn't mean it will get fixed on Monday, but it means we should have the cause figured out by then. After that they need to actually fix the problem and then get it released - as of now, I can't speak for how long that will take because it's out of my control but I'll be in touch with them on Tuesday to see if I can get an ETA on the release.
3) For now, you can disable the floppy in Device Manager. Doing it this way is faster and easier, avoids the need for rebooting, and prevents the possibility of 'human error' mistakes in the BIOS.
Yes, two service requests because we were disconnected on the first.
Don't remember the gents name this morning, he had a very strong accent
Two service request #'s are 1448693284 and 1448624497 .
If your folks need more info, let me know. Would love to have this fixed
without having to hold the computers together with software band-aids,
bubble gum or paper clips (so to say).
I'll get these service requests followed up on.
Also, thank you for the offer of additional info; if requred I'll have one of my guys (probably Selvan) reach out to you.
You forgot to mention the duct tape. :)
Hold tight - I'll see what I can do to push Dev into fixing and releasing the solution quickly (no promises, but I will try).
I have stirred up my contacts in Support with regards to the Information provided to you on Call for the Service Request Number1448693284.
I will get in touch with you( As DougK said above) if I need further information on progressing in this issue.
Selvan and dougk_t3,
Thank you for the followup.
Sounds like I may need to change my decision to stop auto-renewals and delete my credit card from all my McAfee accounts....
The Tier 2 Support gent was so positive/affirmative when he told me on the phone, that I went ahead and stopped any future renewals.
My thoughts were "Why pay for something that was just broken by McAfee and not going to be fixed or supported at all?"
From the responses so far here in this blog, you guys have really changed my mind!!
Keeping my fingers crossed that we can get this fixed.
Thank you again!
JK I have this issue as well and was the 1 who brought the issue up with Doug in our mod call. My daughter now has it as well. Seems to be common issue now and the disabling in the device manager easier than rebooting.
Doug will update us on Monday in our mod call and one of us here when we hear anything.
New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.
Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership: