Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TroyG
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Latest (12/2/2022) update causes AV snooze on WIn10 22H2

Jump to solution

PROBLEM--> After latest update (Dec 2 2022), McAfee AntiVirus keeps "snoozing" (Win Security) and cannot be turned on (McAfee AV app circling the drain indefinitely). All other portions (VPN,firewall,etc) of McAfee TP work fine. Issue is related to the latest McAfee upgrade package not playing well with my PC.

Computer Details -->Win 10 pro 22H2 (cannot upgrade to Win11 due to older (2nd gen i5) CPU)

What I've tried (10X times) that doesn't fix Anti-Virus snooze:
1. reboot
2. remove/re-install McAfee (10X): MCPR shows complete removal. Installation is successful.
3. KB_RTS_McTriage --says it resolves issue, but it doesn't.
4. 1+ hours with McAfee tech support (did all of above steps)
5. McAfee_Malware_Cleaner(scan/clean)/Windows Defender (on/off/scan)

What I've noticed:
1. After new install, McAfee works for ~5min ... until it grabs the latest upgrade, then stops working. Further test where I removed internet connection for last part of the install: McAfee AV works fine indefinitely ---- UNTIL I force it to check for upgrades. Latest upgrade causes it to stop working.
2. Other computers (win11) in my house are NOT seeing this issue, so it's something about the latest McAfee upgrade and my computer that are not playing nice ?
3. During each new install --- I never have to relogin to my account. Even though MCPR shows clean uninstall.

Any ideas are appreciated !

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TroyG
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Latest (12/2/2022) update causes AV snooze on WIn10 22H2

Jump to solution

Hi @Sudharsanam_G1 ,

Thanks for the reply --- I ended up re-installing win10 (settings --> update & security -->recovery -->) while keeping my files ... and now everything seems to be working, which says my win10 version had somehow got gummed up over time.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Sudharsanam_G1
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

Hi @TroyG 

We regret for the inconvenience!

Please let us know the following to assist you better:

1. McAfee version:
  2. Product Suite:
  3. Is there any pending windows update:
  4. Screenshot of installed application list:

Alternatively, You can always contact the chat support using below link for immediate assistance.

McAfee Support

Regards,
Sudharsanam G

TroyG
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Jump to solution

Hi @Sudharsanam_G1 ,

Thanks for the reply --- I ended up re-installing win10 (settings --> update & security -->recovery -->) while keeping my files ... and now everything seems to be working, which says my win10 version had somehow got gummed up over time.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community