PROBLEM--> After latest update (Dec 2 2022), McAfee AntiVirus keeps "snoozing" (Win Security) and cannot be turned on (McAfee AV app circling the drain indefinitely). All other portions (VPN,firewall,etc) of McAfee TP work fine. Issue is related to the latest McAfee upgrade package not playing well with my PC.
Computer Details -->Win 10 pro 22H2 (cannot upgrade to Win11 due to older (2nd gen i5) CPU)
What I've tried (10X times) that doesn't fix Anti-Virus snooze:
2. remove/re-install McAfee (10X): MCPR shows complete removal. Installation is successful.
3. KB_RTS_McTriage --says it resolves issue, but it doesn't.
4. 1+ hours with McAfee tech support (did all of above steps)
5. McAfee_Malware_Cleaner(scan/clean)/Windows Defender (on/off/scan)
What I've noticed:
1. After new install, McAfee works for ~5min ... until it grabs the latest upgrade, then stops working. Further test where I removed internet connection for last part of the install: McAfee AV works fine indefinitely ---- UNTIL I force it to check for upgrades. Latest upgrade causes it to stop working.
2. Other computers (win11) in my house are NOT seeing this issue, so it's something about the latest McAfee upgrade and my computer that are not playing nice ?
3. During each new install --- I never have to relogin to my account. Even though MCPR shows clean uninstall.
Any ideas are appreciated !