cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 61 of 90

Re: Itunes - Why does McAfee delete my itunesprefs.xml?

I apologise anm72 but if they were in response to another user who has since been banned then they would have gone too.   No offense to you was meant at all.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 62 of 90

To reiterate.   Flaming and counseling people to boycott the software is against the Terms of Service, so please let us show some kind of restraint here.   Someone ignored our requests to stop doing that and was banned.   Their posts and replies went along with them for which we apologize especially if that took some of your posts along with it.   Those of you who wish to obtain a refund please ask Customer Service (Useful Links at the top of this page) and, if they first refuse, plead your case and ask for an escalation.   We can't guarantee anything in these forums.

Those of you with Anti-Virus build 1722 and higher should already have the fix, which was released on Wednesday with the regular update.   Support did not make a huge fuss about it because they wanted to be sure it worked for everyone.  You must appreciate that not everyone's setup is the same as that in the developer's lab so they are relying on responsible feedback.

We will relay it back to them, & hopefully some support personnel may post here too.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 30/11/13 7:23:00 EST PM
fec
Former Member
Message 63 of 90

Peter, you were right to dump him.  He was being quite the pest.

Having said that, the update is not working for me. I'm at engine version 1725 on a Windows 7 64-bit desktop. I still must turn off real-time scanning before closing iTunes in order to save my settings.

Fred

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 64 of 90

fec wrote:

Peter, you were right to dump him.  He was being quite the pest.

Having said that, the update is not working for me. I'm at engine version 1725 on a Windows 7 64-bit desktop. I still must turn off real-time scanning before closing iTunes in order to save my settings.

Fred

Hi Fred,

I just emailed my contact in support to post here.  When they will do that I have no idea I'm afraid, but soon I hope.

BTW that person has continued slagging me and McAfee over at the iTunes forum.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 30/11/13 8:34:42 EST PM
jayclinton
Former Member
Message 65 of 90

Ex_brit,

I suspct that your deletion of posts has gone too far. 

The original post of Selvan, Tier 2.5 Tech, on 29 November in which he specifed the actions necessary to overcome the iTunes problem has disappeared, as has my post of 30 November in which I reported that Selvan's solution worked for me.

At least I suggest that Selvan's post be re-stored.  It was the solution to the problem.

Peacekeeper
Message 66 of 90

Sel;van was only suggesting a way to update to the latest version if updates were not coming through. Usually you would have had the 1722 or latest engine that contained the fix but if you did not a manual update  might help

He suggested

Boot in safe mode with networking (boot pressing F8 key)

Open Mcafee and disable access protection ie navigation /general settings and alerts and access protection,

Update Mcafee via update tab or right click on shield and select update

After update re-enable access protection.

I feel going into safe mode not necessary but will not hurt.

The deletion is caused by Jive the forum software it does some things a tad severe and takes replies by others as well when a poster's posts are removed..

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 1/12/13 5:20:01 PM

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 1/12/13 6:34:45 PM
selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 67 of 90

Hello all,

Please try the below steps and post the outcome here..!

Restart your computer in "Safe Mode with Networking"

Open McAfee User Interface > Click on navigation > General Settings and Alerts > Access Protection.

Uncheck the Check box and Click Apply. Close the User Interface and Re-open.

Click on Update Tile > Check for Updates to manually check for the Updates.

Wait for the updates to download and install. Restart the computer if McAfee updates prompts so.

Reboot the computer in normal mode to see if the issue is resolved. Be sure to Re-enable Access Protection.

This seems to be working for those who have Build Version of Anti Virus 1722 and above.

Regards

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 68 of 90

Hi All,

Am with support and have received very small (almost negligible) volume for this particular issue in the last 4 months. Mates Peter and Tony have asked to Open Service Requests with McAfee Tech Support with regards to the same. Opening a ticket will help us show that there are people in the community having serious issues with Itunes to the higher level Team.

Posting bad about McAfee in other Forums and insisting other posters to get a refund will get US Nowhere..!

**Community Forums are a medium to share knowledge and help between ourselves for sorting things easily. ONE CANNOT EXPECT 100% RESOLUTION BY POSTING IN FORUMS ALONE. **

Hope you all Understand my point....

Now coming to the workaround that I posted earlier - If issue's still not resolved Please go ahead and Re-install McAfee by following the below steps.

1) Uninstall McAfee from Control panel

2) Run the MCPR cleanup tool from the link

3) Reboot and download installer from online account using home.mcafee.com

4) Verify if the content version is 1722 and update If required following above instructions.

Post here with the results..!

Good luck.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 69 of 90

Thank you Selvan 😉

anm72
Former Member
Message 70 of 90

I tried forcing the update in safe mode this did not work, so i have unistalled and removed mcafee completely and reinstalled it seems to now have worked i will keep an eye on this over next few days to make sure it stays working. seems bad though you have to totally remove it to get it to work

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community