cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jayclinton
Former Member
Message 51 of 90

Re: Itunes - Why does McAfee delete my itunesprefs.xml?

Yes, I've noticed that the settings do stick on the odd occasion.  More likely a 'micro-sleep' by McAfee RTS than anything else.

ambiod57
Former Member
Message 52 of 90

Hmm, you're doing better than me.  As an experiment, I've tried closing itunes 4 times in a row and and no success at all.  It would appear, that for me, if RTS is running, then Itunes loses its preferences (more or less) every time.   I'll just remember to disable RTS.  It's not that big a deal - it's not as though I'm opening and closing iTunes countless times a day.

Message was edited by: ambiod57 on 11/6/13 8:23:00 PM CST
blackcloud
Former Member
Message 53 of 90

My version of Security Center is still dated mid-October. But it has the same version and build nos. as the one from last week a couple of posters say they now have. Perhaps it's not being rolled out at once.

dougr_t3_suppor
Former Member
Message 54 of 90

Folks,

Thank you for your patience. It looks like we have made progress and now have a rock solid reproducible case. This was something which has been missing all along. Our next step is to file a bug with our Engineering team. Either I or someone from my team will update the thread as soon as we know the timeline to a fix.

Best Regards,

ambiod57
Former Member
Message 55 of 90

doug2_t3_

Ta for that.  On the basis of the above information, I'll hang off uninstalling McAfee for a bit longer.

ccattron
Former Member
Message 56 of 90

I am having the same problem. I hope McAfee resolves this issue soon.

dougr_t3_suppor
Former Member
Message 57 of 90

UPDATE:

Next week we will be releasing a fix through the Daily Update process. The fix will come in as a content update, so there is no need to install any patches or reinstall. I will confirm here once the content is live and is available for auto-update.

Thank you for your patience.

wpkarp
Former Member
Message 58 of 90

I am a relatively new user to McAfee because it was pre installed on my Dell Lattitude 5530 which I just converted over to 3 weeks ago.    I have always used ZoneAlarm Pro and think I will go back to it because of this problem.   It is way beyond frustrating.  I use iTunes several times daily to keep my devices all in sync and I have had it with this problem.

Peacekeeper
Message 59 of 90

As mentioned will be patch/fixed very soon.

anm72
Former Member
Message 60 of 90

why have my posts been removed none of them were offensive just expressing my beliefs that mcafee have got it wrong and are not supporting their customers is this another sign that mcafee are not interested in their customers or their views ?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community