cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rwap
Former Member
Message 1 of 6

Issues with Thunderbird

Ever since installing McAfee All Access, I get an error shown in Thunderbird when sending an email:

'Sending of message failed. Unable to open the temporary file C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\Temp\nsmail.tmp. Check your 'Temporary Directory' setting.'

Every time I send an email, I have to try and send it multiple times to get past this error.

According to Thunderbird, McAfee have been aware of this issue since early 2013 (https://support.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/kb/ask) - when will it get fixed or do I look for a better email scanner?

5 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 6

Re: Issues with Thunderbird

Moved this to VirusScan because the problem lies with that.  It's a known issue and you should start a case with Technical Support on this, it's free of charge and linked under Useful Links at the top of this page.

Meanwhile you can patch this temporarily by turning off email scanning.  Open SecurityCenter and click Virus and Spyware Protection > Real-Time Scanning > Settings   Uncheck 'Email attachments' and click Apply.

rwap
Former Member
Message 3 of 6

OK I have reported it via Tech Support and disabled the email scanning for now - not sure why Tech Support need to connect to my PC to do this!

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 6

They usually need logs from the software.  Don't worry they don't look at anything personal.

Peacekeeper
Message 5 of 6

Marked as assumed answered to clear thenot answered list up. If still an issue and Thunderbird still does have issues post a new thread and call support to get call volumes for this issue climbing.

Peacekeeper
Message 6 of 6

Issue fixed in patch march security centre 14.0.339

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community