cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lame153
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Is Mcafee now a good antivirus?

Hi, I have read lots of bad reviews on Mcafee, but for me, it's working perfectly fine, so why a lot of people are saying that's a bad antivirus? https://vidmate.onl/  I want to know if I have to change antivirus

4 Replies
nishaleon
Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: Is Mcafee now a good antivirus?

While opinions about antivirus software can vary, it's great to hear that McAfee has been working perfectly fine for you. It's important to remember that different users have different experiences and preferences when it comes to software. As long as McAfee is effectively protecting your system, there may not be a need to switch antivirus programs.
harryman
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Hey all,

I've come across numerous negative reviews about McAfee, but personally, it's been working like a charm for me. I'm puzzled why so many folks label it a bad antivirus. https://pmkisanyojanastatus.com/ It just goes to show how experiences can vary, and what works well for one person might not for another.

lexiluna27
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

McAfee is a reputable antivirus with a history of providing robust security solutions. Its effectiveness depends on personal preferences and system requirements. Regular updates and a user-friendly interface contribute to its reliability. Consider your specific needs and preferences when choosing an antivirus, as individual experiences may vary.

somethingwitty
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Up until the January Update of 2024 McAfee was excellent.  Now he firewall blocks all browsers and support doesn't have an answer.  The best effort I received by support was more of a "dude, did you reboot your machine and clear your cache?" level of intelligence.  Even going to Windows Defender(which McAfee uses for their firewall) and adding exclusive rules to allow certain browsers didn't work. 

Just one day an update happened and I no longer have google, firefox, you name the browser, unless I turn the firewall off.  It was a pleasant surprise to expect to work one day and then realize I have no access to the internet unless I shut off a paid firewall service.  Definitely not a plus when support has no idea what is going on.  Even the escalated support who are supposed to be the pros had no idea what was going on or how to fix it.  

So if you like this sort of thing and want to disable your internet, get the McAfee firewall, it will block everything.  There are plenty of other firewalls on the market that would never think of doing this to their customers.  Once my current term is complete I am moving on.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community