cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sriyam
Former Member
Message 1 of 6

Internet Security 2009 Installation cannot continue error

Some critical error forced me to use the system recovery manager and the settings changed to factory settings. Before doing that i have taken backup of whole system.  After successful system recovery updated the vista  to vista sp1.

Unistalled the Syamntec Antivirus which comes with vista using symatec tools. Tried to install the IS 2009 from my account but i am getting the error as "Installation Cannot Continue We're having trouble installing your McAfee software. Here are some things you can do to fix this:".  I tried with MVT but that was not at all helpful. I used the MCPR tool also but still the same problem persists. Can any one throw some light.

5 Replies
CopyRon
Former Member
Message 2 of 6

Re: Internet Security 2009 Installation cannot continue error

sriyam
Former Member
Message 3 of 6

Hello Copyron,

The said link is related to MCPR tool. But as i said i already tried with MCPR tool. Actually when the recovery manager runs the whole harddisk get formatted. So there is no chance of existance of any Mcafee related files/folders. So as per my knowledge the MCPR tool is not helpful in this case.

Dinz
Former Member
Message 4 of 6

Hi sriyam,

There might be some remnants of Symantec antivirus in the system, Please follow the below prompts;

Check and delete if you have any other security software in add/remove programs or its file and folders in C:/program files and common files.

Restart the computer and start tapping the F8 key, from the advanced boot option menu select safe mode with networking(please ignore this step if you are on wireless connection)

Run the preinstall from http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/McPreInstall.exe and start installing again from your account 

Regards,
Dinesh K

sriyam
Former Member
Message 5 of 6

Hi Dinz,

I followed your instructions and successfully installed the antivirus from my account. But now it is showing  two yello icons saying that my system is not protected. I try to fixit by clicking on the fix button. But some error message displayed.

Dinz
Former Member
Message 6 of 6

Hi Sriyam,

Hope you have restarted the computer after installation,

Kindly let me know the error message under the fix button along with the package you have installed.

Run virtual technician from http://mvt.mcafee.com the following link and post me the session id .

Regards,
Dinesh K

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community