cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FlightLevelFlye
Former Member
Message 1 of 1

Installed New 2Wire Router & VirusScan Won't Update

I just installed a new 2wire wireless router/gateway for AT&T DSL about a month ago on my Dell Dimension 4500 PC running XP SP3 and now my VirusScan does not update automatically or manually.  I don't get the animated circular arrows icon, I don't get an error message, I don't get anything.  I can run Virtual Technician and it finds that my engine/dat files are more than 28 days old and says it fixed it, but it doesn't.  The only way I can get it to update is by renaming the DAT file folder (done that once).  Prior to installing the new DSL wireless router/gateway my automatic updates were working fine.  Any thoughts on what might be wrong?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community