cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Susanherna
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

IE slows to a crawl when Mcafee is updating!

When VirusScan is updating, IE8 slows to a crawl. It takes up to 5 minutes for a web page to load. Is there anything I can do to speed it up. I have automatic update turned on. I was thinking of turning it off and making it check manually when I am not using the internet. I have a high speed connection that is always on, so I do not need to load IE to do an update. I am hopiong that somebody has a better way.
1 Reply
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 2

RE: IE slows to a crawl when Mcafee is updating!

I find it does that sometimes. The updates are getting quite large because of all the extra threats out there so tend to take up resources while installing.
It would probably be a good idea for you to alter the settings to what I have - to notify you when updates are available. That way you know when they are available but can hold off installing until you have some down time.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community