cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
violinsensei
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

I set the scheduled scan for AM and it does it at PM on XP

I set the scan for 3 am, every day.  But McAfee insists on scannig at 3 pm when I need to use my PC the most.

I cheched my PC clock and it is correct.   Is there something buggy about Pacific Time?

What is causing this?   Do I need to set the scan for PM to get it to scan at AM?

Message was edited by: violinsensei on 7/30/12 5:49:48 PM CDT
2 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 3

Re: I set the scheduled scan for AM and it does it at PM on XP

Capture.JPG

So it looks something like the above?   If you are positive that your system clock is accurate am/pm-wise and timezone-wise and that your computer is switched on at 3am (VirusScan wont switch it on or wake it from sleep to run) then I can only assume that your software is an older version - do you get it through your ISP by any chance?

The reason I ask is because the fix has gone out some time ago for this and the scheduled scan shouldn't delay more than about 20 minutes if the CPU is busy at the exact time.

Double-click the taskbar icon to open SecurityCenter and then click about and post the version of SecurityCenter.

Also check Control Panel > System and Maintenance > Power Options and make sure nothing in there switches off any part of the system after a period of time, hard drive for instance.

Meanwhile try running the Virtual Technician to see if it can automatically fix anything that may need fixing:  http://mvt.mcafee.com/

If that fails to help Technical Support is your best bet and they are available 24/7 and it is free via phone or online chat - linked at the top of this page under Useful Links.

They can link up with your machine, with your permission of course, and troubleshoot.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 31/07/12 9:32:04 EDT AM
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 3

Re: I set the scheduled scan for AM and it does it at PM on XP

By the way, I moved this to VirusScan as a more appropriate spot and to get better attention.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 31/07/12 7:41:11 EDT AM
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community