Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 11 of 15

Re: I keep getting Virus and Spyware pop-outs

Well I checked online and the consensus is it is merely Windows acting slowly as far as detecting antivirus, firewall etc.

You can check all is well in Start/Control Panel/Security and Maintenance, under Security it should look something like this:

Note I also turned off Windows Smartscreen as I already have WebAdvisor, but if you opt to use Edge browser then you should leave it on as WebAdvisor doesn't as yet work in Edge.

(Click to enlarge)

Capture.JPG

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 12 of 15

If you go to www.computerworld.com , they have articles on Microsoft and the push for 'Market Share' in regards to individuals whom have even elected to (Post-phone) installing Windows 10. All it takes, is to allow one/two Optional/recommended updates in, and the campaign starts......

Just thought I would share...

I lack the time at the moment, but will furnish you the Articles stipulating such.

Actually, Peter is correct. The above statements I made refer to a whole different matter.

All the BEST,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
2harts4ever
Former Member
Message 13 of 15

Hi again catdaddy  and Ex_Brit,

It won't be long before we will be exchanging Christmas cards ...lol

Once again I appreciate both of you taking the time to get involved in my post and especially for the information you have supplied.

I am going to try to stick with Edge since it came with Windows 10 so I will let Smart Screen on as you recommend.

Thanks and regards to you both,

2harts4ever

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 14 of 15

You're welcome 😉

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 15 of 15

Sorry for my delayed Response You are welcome...

All the Best !!

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community