cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
allandra42
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

I have Mcafee on my computer and it keeps deleting files from programs I need

I have mcafee virus scan and have for years. I have bought a black cat cutting machine and i use signcut software and inkscape software and MCafee keeps deleting files from these programs saying they are a trojan. I dont want to get rid of Mcafee but this is very frustrating. Is there any way you can tell it to leave a program alone? I have virus scan version 15  any help would be appreciated. Lesa

3 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 4

Re: I have Mcafee on my computer and it keeps deleting files from programs I need

Submit the files to Mcafee as per

http://vil.nai.com/vil/submit-sample.aspx

When you get a reply, reply to the email changing the subject to False+ve and name of detection. In the email say why you think the file is not a trojan. If no answer in 3 days post back and I will chase it up. Include the job analysis numbers

lakshmanans
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Re: I have Mcafee on my computer and it keeps deleting files from programs I need

Hi allandra42,

Some times antivirus may detect the files as false possitive kindly exclude those application files and folders so that all the files will be whitelisted and McAfee OnAccess scan wont detect those files as trojan

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 4

lakshmanans wrote:

Hi allandra42,

Some times antivirus may detect the files as false possitive kindly exclude those application files and folders so that all the files will be whitelisted and McAfee OnAccess scan wont detect those files as trojan

lakshmanans - unlike Enterprise, file exclusions are only permitted on manual and scheduled scans in the consumer product, not the real-time scanner.   We have campaigned for that one last improvement but it's not allowed yet.  So what you suggest can't be done yet.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 28/12/11 7:32:07 EST AM
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community