Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 11 of 15

Re: I can't turn off real time scanning

@ modojosho,

If I may add to the discussion, for the very fact that you say " The way to get past this error is to "Turn Off" Real time Scanning? Which in the very beginning, makes me contemplate why? For if it is a (safe) program to begin with, there should be no reason to temporarily disable your Protection.

So many times we have had Consumers/Gamers whom attempt to Download/Install (Steam/Minecraft/ FoxHud 2) and so on....and it is Quarantined as a False Artemis !, or considered to be a  (Pup). Of course it may all be dependent upon the very (Site) you are downloading from?

I noticed that one of the Sites to Download from is "Softonic" which is notorious of bundling additional software that is deemed as a "Potentially Unwanted Program"

In other words, Ex_Brit and Selvan are veterans and in most all cases (DWARF) my knowledge. I simply wanted to point out, just in case you gain Administrative Priviledges. Should this occur , you will know ahead of time.

Which will then involve you having to submit what you deem as a "Legitimate" program to McAfee Labs to be (Cleared/Whitelisted).

To help you understand how this may occur, please read the following article:

And should you experience that your Download was detected as a False Artemis, here are the following Guidelines/Instructions as how to submit to MacAfee Labs:

All the best,

Regards,

Catdaddy

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 12 of 15

Simply disregard my previous post, after further reading prior comments.

Catdaddy

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
jonah_jones
Former Member
Message 13 of 15

Hi . I came across this discussion when having similar problem to modojosho with steam installation. You mention something here about the GUI not responding, which it the problem I have. I can get to the virus and spyware protection screen with the three options of scan your pc/real-time scanning/scheduled scans. But when I click on real-time scanning nothing happens. If I click on scan pc I get through to the relevant screen though, so it appears to be a problem specifically with the real-time scanning option. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 14 of 15

This thread is old & Selvan rarely is here and is also very busy so, if the suggestions posted earlier don't help, it's best to go straight to Technical Support, and ask them for escalation if they can't help at first.   It's free of charge by phone or online chat and linked below.

That would be far faster for you.

Toronto ▪ Canada
Volunteer Moderator - Consumer Products
I CAN'T HELP PRIVATELY - PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS
Use Advanced Search To Find Answers

Consumer Technical Support (alter Country @ top right as needed)

Consumer Customer Service (Accounts, Billing, Registration, etc.)
Anti-Spyware/Malware/Hijacker Tools

thomasiu
Contributor
Message 15 of 15

I am having the same problem. Ironically, I need to turn off RTS to install True Key, which I am having trouble with also. At least that is what is suggested on another thread here. Too bad this 3 y/o thread was never solved. 

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community