cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrchopkins
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

I can't access my settings for Real Time scanning but can access all other settings. Help?

Yeah I tried playing Left 4 Dead 2 and it gave me an error. That error is linked to real time scans being enabled, which I wanna disable temporarily to play L4D2. But the security center won't let me access those settings, although I can with every other setting.

5 Replies
selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 6

Re: I can't access my settings for Real Time scanning but can access all other settings. Help?

Hi ,

Please confirm if you are the System Administrator and not a standard or limited user account. You might also check If Internet explorer is working fine since McAfee relies on it.

I assume that you do not have any other Anti-Virus applications installed on your PC.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 6

Re: I can't access my settings for Real Time scanning but can access all other settings. Help?

Moved to VirusScan as a better spot.

Peter

llamamecomoquie
Former Member
Message 4 of 6

Hi,

Can you please make sure do you have the lates extensions?

Cheers,

José María

mrchopkins
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

I am the system administrator/only user on my computer. Even though I don't use it Internet Explorer works fine. I do have some other anti virus programs however.

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 6 of 6

Re: Re: I can't access my settings for Real Time scanning but can access all other settings. Help?

Please help me with below info to proceed further

Operating System:

McAfee Product Version: (Open GUI and Click About)

Internet Explorer Version:

You may try logging in to Safe Mode and see if you are able to access Real Time Scanning settings - normal for it to be turned OFF in Safe Mode.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community