cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gazooo29
Former Member
Message 1 of 7

I Can Not Activate my VirusScan Plus 2009 3 users Second try has already been used

Hi

OS-XP Home SP3

Mcafee Won't let me Activate Program

This Happened last month and said you have to activate your product to be fully protected.

Had a yellow circle with a ! in the middle

I Left Click the ICON in the Corner and click Verify Subscription

Nothing Happens

I then Click update from the main interface and says you need to Activate your Product nothing again.

-A Yellow Box and then A Red Box come on the screen

I uninstalled the whole program last month and I'm on try two now and I have the same problem.

I only have one try left Being a 3 User Program and I'm not about to use that as that needs to go on my Lap Top in a few months.

It already has Mcafee installed from 2008 Running Vista

Also when I Click on my Account, I made a new one and my program is not even in there

But when I use my other email I used for my Lap Top everything is listed and says how many days I have left etc on the one installed on the Lap top.

Can someone please help me get this program working
Labels (1)
6 Replies
BalaSGS
Former Member
Message 2 of 7

RE: I Can Not Activate my VirusScan Plus 2009 3 users Second try has already been used

Hi,

We are really sorry for the inconvenience and could you please let us know the following:

• How did you install the McAfee programs to the computer?
• If it is installed by using a disk – Have you completed the registration process?
• Make sure your computer’s time/date setting is correctly set.
• Try removing all the temp internet files from Internet Explorer (Open Internet Explorer> Click on Tools> Internet Options> Delete all the temporary internet files
vinod_r2
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 7

RE: I Can Not Activate my VirusScan Plus 2009 3 users Second try has already been used

Can someone please help me get this program working

Could you run MVT and post the session id too?
Gazooo29
Former Member
Message 4 of 7

I now have a BIG red X since posting this topic and everything is the same

1,Was Installed using Disc

2,Never have had a Registration Thing come up

3,The Time and Date are Correct

4,Just Re-did that and still nothing
Gazooo29
Former Member
Message 5 of 7

I think I might just move on and buy something else

I have had Norton installed on this Computer for 2 years since getting it in 2004 and then tried Kasperksy and Not one problem like this.

Norton Did 2 times lock me out didn’t find a thing and Kasperkys made the computer run slower but found almost everything.

If I can find my Receipt can I go and get a Exchange and try it again as this one seems to be bad.

Or do you have a walk in Help center that they can look at my computer and program and maybe fix it.

Located in Ontario Canada
vinod_r2
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 7

I think I got the issue that you have on the machine.....

Now open C: drive and let me know if there is a folder named sysprep on there?

if found rename it and then update McAfee.

let me know the progress..
Gazooo29
Former Member
Message 7 of 7

What do I re-name it too

I'm going up to the computer right now to have a look
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community