cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KingOfHate
Former Member
Message 1 of 12

How to stop the main window from popping up after every scan?

As the title says I'd like to get the main window to stop popping up after every scan, the alert in the corner I am fine with, but there's no need for it to also show the main window. Is there a way to shut this off?
11 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 12

RE: How to stop the main window from popping up after every scan?

When the alert pops up do not just click ok change the option there to close this alert and click OK . No popup appears

You can also chose to run the scan in the background so no Security centre is shown in the taskbar.

You can also chose to say do not shown these alerts again (corner popup) but I do not like disabling this. It can be reenabled though.

Just some thoughts do they answer your question or not what you were after?
KingOfHate
Former Member
Message 3 of 12

No, maybe I didn't describe it clear enough. Okay. When you do a manual scan, say, you download something, you then right click on this download to scan it, depending on the scan speed the McAFee Security Center will pop-up showing the scan progression, or results. I do not want the Security Center to pop-up as I already have the toast alert. (The small version at the lower right corner.) I hope this is clear enough.
Peacekeeper
Message 4 of 12

Not sure you can do that.

I understand now you want no security centre popup WHEN scanning I was reading that as at the end of scanning. I will ask around my contacts.
KingOfHate
Former Member
Message 5 of 12

Alright. Much appreciated. I really hope there is way, it just seems useless to have a pop-up in the corner with results, and the Security Center pop-up with results also...
Peacekeeper
Message 6 of 12

The Sc popup shows file being scanned and that is all that is for the most part the difference other than ski[pping a scan locked up on a file.

Have asked Ex_Brit if he knows of any way to do it. We have a new version out in beta testing very soon so maybe that will be different.
KingOfHate
Former Member
Message 7 of 12

Hum, all I know is it never use to pop-up like that, and I've been using it for years. So, they must have changed recently past year or so, I've dealt with it for the most part till now, just bugs me to have it pop-up after every scan, usually blocking view of whatever I happen to be doing. I guess I'll just have to get over it til they change it. Anywho, thank you for your time and help.
Peacekeeper
Message 8 of 12

Ok now I see you mentioned popup after every scan. This can be stopped by clicking the do not show option mine now never pops up BUT the SC popup is still there. I just minimise it.
KingOfHate
Former Member
Message 9 of 12

No. It was just the SC part I wanted to go away, like I said the window on the lower right hand side is fine.
Peacekeeper
Message 10 of 12

Ok as well as the windows there is a scanning symbol which dispalays all the SC shows when u hover over it. Will see what I can dig up.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community