cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lwsourpatch
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

How to scan a file individually

Hi, I have the VirusScan Plus 2009 version. Does anyone know how I can just scan an individual file for virus? Is it done automatically when the file opens? In old versions of McAfee, I remember all I had to do was right click on the filename, and there would be an option to scan the file for viruses. I tried to look at the McAfee program, but i cannot find anywhere where it will allow me to scan just one file. it's either the whole drive or whole computer. Thanks.
3 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 4

RE: How to scan a file individually

If it's a file in an email or downloaded then it's scanned automatically, but you can manually scan any file or folder or even an entire drive in Windows Explorer by right-clicking it and selecting "Scan". This also works in Safe Mode by the way.
lwsourpatch
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Thanks! I see it now.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 4

You're welcome.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community