Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RemoveIT
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

How to remove Mcafee Virus warnings

Hi'

My computer keeps telling me that there are viruses detected. 

And these annoying pop-up warning comes from Mcafee.

How can i remove it? -Since i have no virus, and don't use Mcafee anymore.

I can't find Mcafee programs anywhere, but they must be there, since these warnings comes.

7 Replies
Madhan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 8

Re: How to remove Mcafee Virus warnings

Hello @RemoveIT 

We are sorry to hear that you receive pop ups from McAfee stating that virus has been detected. I can assure that if you don't have McAfee, the pop ups wont come. I suspect that this might be scam pop ups on the browser.

Let me know if those pop ups appear when you are browsing the internet on a browser? If so, please clear cache, cookies and try browsing the internet.

Regards,
Madhan M

RemoveIT
Contributor
Message 3 of 8

I shows even if i dont have an internet page open.

So i must have Mcafee somewhere.

I just need help to locate and erase every trace of it, cause this is very annoying.

You must have some program to locate & uninstall this.

cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 8

hello,

recently there were other postings of pop ups that seems to come from mcafee but are in fact fake.

this was caused by a program FA Really Simple that was silently installed on the computer.

one of the discussions can be found here with a sample of one of the popups and how to solve the problem;

https://community.mcafee.com/t5/SecurityCenter/McAfee-you-are-at-risk-pop-up/m-p/668549#M39233

maybe you are affected by this perhaps..................

greetings

cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 8

in addition to my previous post;

if i understand correct did you have mcafee installed on your computer.

when you removed mcafee from Windows did you use the MCPR tool afterwards to delete remaining files ?

https://service.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/cp/home/articleview?locale=en-US&articleId=TS101331&from...

step 2 of this service document describes and has the download links for this tool.

if my previous reply could not solve the problem maybe this will do the trick.............

greetings

Madhan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 6 of 8

Hi @RemoveIT 

Please run the McAfee removal tool[MCPR] suggested by cyberdude and let us know the outcome. The tool removes McAfee and also its residues from the computer.

Regards,
Madhan M 

Peacekeeper
Message 7 of 8

Also by chance in the program list do you have a Mcafee security scan plus. A free program that gets loaded when updating adobe etc. If so remove it.

Probably not but worth a thought.

cliffordwood502
Contributor
Message 8 of 8

PLEASE REMOVE ALL VIRUSES AND WARNING POP UPS.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community