cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cumbrowski
Former Member
Message 11 of 17

Re: How to "White List" False Positives Manually?

Are you referring to the option to send a file to McAfee from within the software itself?

I tried that option, but it does not work on my computers. I posted about this problem already here at the McAfee forums as well, but was left without a solution for this problem as well.

Here is the link to that thread http://community.mcafee.com/thread/18818?tstart=0

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 12 of 17

Cumbrowski wrote:

Are you referring to the option to send a file to McAfee from within the software itself?

I tried that option, but it does not work on my computers. I posted about this problem already here at the McAfee forums as well, but was left without a solution for this problem as well.

Here is the link to that thread http://community.mcafee.com/thread/18818?tstart=0

No, I'm referring to the email submission method mentioned in that link.   That option to send from within SecurityCenter itself doesn't work for many, myself included, apparently due to ISP restrictions on that manner of communication put in place by many internet providers.  Not sure what process it involves but it isn't a standard form of communication apparently....they are working on it too.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 11/19/09 6:09 AM
Cumbrowski
Former Member
Message 13 of 17

I just send a direct email as you suggested. I referred to my message where I provided direct links to the pages where the software can be downloaded from the provider who's program is detected as infected by all McAfee users.

I also asked them to forward the information and the posts to their product development team as product feedback and suggestions.

Lets see how that goes. Thanks for your suggestions though. I did not want to appear rude and forgot to say thanks so far.

It's just very frustrating. Even more so for reasons that you don't know about and I don't like to discuss publicly yet.

Message was edited by: Carsten Cumbrowski on 11/19/09 6:21 AM
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 14 of 17

Yes it can be frustrating and we are told that those procedures are being looked at too.   Meanwhile, good luck.

Cumbrowski
Former Member
Message 15 of 17

Well, I had it with this BS and Uninstalled McAfee. I also blogged about this. The German computer magazine "CT" had also a nice editorial in their last edition from 2009 about the state of AntiVirus software. It said it all.

Here is the link to my blog post btw.: http://www.roysac.com/blog/2010/01/mcafee-security-center-and-issues-with.html

Solun
Contributor
Message 16 of 17

Hi exbrit, when I click your link on following the procedure for whitelisting, it takes me to a different part of the community website but not directly to the post itself. I installed Total Protection a few days ago and I am getting increasingly frustrated day by day. I am on the brink of getting rid off it even though I paid for one year because it causes more trouble than it helps. I know this is not your or community members fault but when I am this frustrated and then seek help and get frustrated even more by the help process, this is really bad. I feel like McAfee is a corporation that is not listening to its users AT ALL after reading through this forum. Some posts are years old but I am looking at the issues mentioned in them right now in my brand new software... For now all that would help me is to know how to whitelist some files so this software leaves those files alone. I never realized I will have to deal with this and spend this much time when I bought the software. I would rather Avast sell my anonymous browsing data than having to spend hours looking for solutions to tiny problems compared to problems in my life. Thank you to everyone who can provide a working link that will help me whitelist a file so it is not incorrectly quarantined. Thank you.
Peacekeeper
Message 17 of 17

That is an old link try this

How to submit virus samples and false positives to McAfee 

Works well and takes a few days. If no sutisfaction ask and I will forward the files onto a contact. That said good idea to add a www.virustotal.com scan result here that I can forward on if the link path above not of help

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community