cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
got-game
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

How to manually scan completed downloads in Mozilla with Macafee total protection.

Hello, I discovered you can use Mozilla Firefox to manually scan a completed download.  Unfortunatally I have no idea where the location of the anti virus program is in Macafee Total Protection (exe?).  And also after that step if anyone knows the Arguments I need to have for it to work right.  Right now I have tried these settings:

Anti Virus Program Location is:

C:\Program Files\McAfee\MQC\QcConsol.exe

and for the Arguments I have this:

%1 /autoscan /nosplash /autoexit /prompt /noestimate /allole /applynvp /archive /priority 1

I usually see a red target in my task pannel when macafee is scanning my system, but when I use these settings it seems like it is not working.

Oh and by the way I found these paths from another website.  It was not total protection they were giving the settings for but for a corporate version I think.  If anyone knows the official anti virus location and arguments for macafee total protection I would buy you a beer .

1 Reply
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 2

Re: How to manually scan completed downloads in Mozilla with Macafee total protection.

They are scanned behind the scene as you download in any case so why bother doing it manually?

That path  C:\Program Files\McAfee\MQC\QcConsol.exe is not VirusScan but Quickclean which is merely a utility included with some McAfee suites used to do the basic Windows cleanup jobs..

You can always simply right-click the downloaded folder and select "Scan".

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 24/01/10 2:37:51 EST PM
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community