cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
barneywray
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

How to find the right "Community" for Total Protection help?

Hi - I recently installed the Total Protection product.  The page http://community.mcafee.com/community/home identifies a set of communities from which to select.  My product interface, Help, About doesn't seem to identify its components in a way that matches the community labels - so how to find out??

Thanks - Barney

2 Replies
Dinz
Former Member
Message 2 of 3

Re: How to find the right "Community" for Total Protection help?

Hi Barney,

Does the main interface of your product says Am I protected YES or Your computer is secure. If its the latter, you could select the security center 10 2010. Also while posting any issues , please provide the a brief description along with the following details:

What is the operating system ?

What type of internet connection ?

Run MVT and post your session id .

And we will be assisting you with our best.

Thanks,

Dinesh K

barneywray
Former Member
Message 3 of 3

Re: How to find the right "Community" for Total Protection help?

HI - I discovered that the Navigation - About link shows me the version of each component, and IDs the Security Center as 10.0, and the Year is only shown in the Copyright - so not as "obvious" as the usual About box.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community