cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rustymaxwell
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

How to disable a security warning?

I get a warning popup window when I visit Amazon.com. "The current webpage is trying to open a site in your Trusted sites list. Do you want to allow this?" (In this case the current site is http://www.amazon.com and the trusted site is res://ieframe.dll). It pops up three times in a row when I click a hotlink button. I have to click yes 3 times to clear it away. How do I prevent this warning window from appearing?
1 Reply
secured2k
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 2

RE: How to disable a security warning?

The issue you described is an Internet Explorer misconfiguration or damaged files problem. I suggest you reset your Internet Explorer, reset IE's security zones and sites, and if the problem persists, re-install IE7 or IE8 (It is safe to install IE 7 on top of IE7).

IE7/IE8
Reset IE Security Zones - Inside IE, Tools Menu, Internet Options. Click the Security Tab, then click the Reset all zones to default level. Then click the "Trusted Sites" Icon. Click the Sites button and remove everything that you haven't specifically entered with valid cause.

Full reset of IE (Includes the reset of IE Security Zones)
Inside IE, Tools Menu, Internet Options. Click the Advanced Tab, then click the Reset... button atthe bottom. Confirm by pressing the reset button in the new dialog box that appears.

Downloads
IE 7
IE 8
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community