cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sheraz_Athar
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

How to add a folder as an exception? Help

McAfee keeps on quarantining my files from my game folder. How do I add the gaming folder as an exception? PLZ help

Labels (1)
3 Replies
selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 4

Re: How to add a folder as an exception? Help

Hi @Sheraz_Athar

Unfortunately, it is not possible to exclude a Folder from Real Time Scanning however you should be able to exclude the file that is being quarantined.

Open McAfee user interface > Real Time Scanning Settings > Excluded Files > Add > Select the excluded file and click Apply

Please post back the status

afval
Explorer II
Message 3 of 4

File exclusion doesn't work in my situation.

I'm compiling in Arduino and the temp folders where the build is placed is locked by McAfee so the compiling stops.

I must be able to exclude the folder or exclude the arduino processes.

Issue also started recently.  Arduino version is still the same so I'm looking at McAfee to blame for this issue.

Visje
Contributor III
Message 4 of 4

hi

McAfee is the problem with this.

Is ridiculous that we can't exclude an entire directory from real time scanning. It's my responsibility if I want to do so. McAfee has to scan those other directories, nothing else.

I have the same problems with Arduino. Uploading a sketch to the Arduino is only possible when I disable real time scanning.

As you said... the problem started a gew weeks ago, along with the problem of McAfee overtaking the computer with high CPU usage. They have made a mistake siomewhere and don't want to admit it.

Just have users exclude directories. Especially developers!

(attempt nr 3: to reply... they are incapable of developing a decent Anti-virusscanner and so it seems simple forums)

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community