cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DavidB012
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

How do i do a quick scan? I don't get the option, just the full scan every time.

I saw it the first time i started McAfee, but I clicked full scan, and it was taking ages, so I cancelled it. Now all I ever get is the full scan. Not button or option to do a quick scan. How do I do that?

3 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 4

Re: How do i do a quick scan? I don't get the option, just the full scan every time.

Open McAfee click on Antivirus box and in bottom left is an option scan types. Or open Mcafee on left top is option My Protection that links to option Run a scan and  that has options for scan type.

This assumes a PC

DavidB012
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Re: How do i do a quick scan? I don't get the option, just the full scan every time.

I open McAfee, and there is not Antivirus box that I can see anywhere.

Tabs for Home, PC Security, My Privacy, My Info.

None of those tabs has 'antivirus' box.

There is also no "My Protection" button, top left.

cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 4

hello,

are you using Mac or PC computer ?

if it is a PC,  which version are you on for Mcafee currently ?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community