Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peanutcrusher
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

Help i'm seeing Double

I need some help...

1. When i single click on the Internet explorer icon..it opens (as it should) but there are 2 tabs open both on my home page. (seeing double)

2. I play WoW and i get 2 sometimes 3 of the same items in text lists (like when i open my cooking recipes i see 2-3 of each recipes listed)

3. I get spell check errors in word even though the word is spelled correctly.

The problrems started in that order...and it is getting worse. It's been going on for aboout 4-5 weeks.

I'm not sure what it is. I've scanned several times with different services/providers and nothing comes up at all.

Does anyone else have this problem? and...

Did you figure out how to solve it?

2 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 3

Re: Help i'm seeing Double

I don't think this has anything to do with McAfee software but of course I could be wrong.

Have you by any chance accidentally enabled 'Sticky Keys' in Accessibility or Ease of Access settings in Windows?  (Control Panel > Ease of Access)

I don't know what system you are using but that may be the cause.

To be sure it's not some kind of mischievous malware run Stinger and Malwarebytes Free both linked in the last link in my signature below.

When finished uninstall Stinger because it doesn't have an update feature and needs to be downloaded freshly every time you use it.

It will be listed in Control Panel > Programs

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 11/09/12 11:04:42 EDT AM
karthiks
Former Member
Message 3 of 3

Re: Help i'm seeing Double

Hi,

I will go with peter and regarding the Internet explorer tab pages I think you can check with the Internet properties settings. If the websites are added 2 times in the home page column probably there are chances if you open the Internet explorer it will open 2 tabs, so please do check on the same. For reference I attached the screen shot of the Internet properties

To open Internet Properties/ Internet options please do the following :

• Open Internet Explorer
  • Click on the Tools option at the top of the internet explorer page
  • Click on Internet Options which has the option to choose the Home page (please see the screen shot)
  • In case if it has 2 websites added in the Home page delete one and Click on OK
  • Restart the internet explorer and check with the problem

IE.JPG

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community