cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joshuacys
Former Member
Message 1 of 6

HELP please! Antivirus Plus corrupted?

iMy scheduled scan is unable to resume or cancelled. It doesn't give any response when clicked. And now I'm unable to scan any files because of this pending scheduled scan. Any idea what's going on?mcafee.png

5 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 6

Re: HELP please! Antivirus Plus corrupted?

Can be several causes

1 Corrupted install you need to uninstall then reinstall the product

2. bad sector on hard disk is the lock on the same file?

3. Virus

really you need to speak to support as we mods do not know Mac OS so best you call them

what OS are you on you need to have McAfee v3.3 for Yosemite

Services and Support for Home and Office

joshuacys
Former Member
Message 3 of 6

I think it's most likely a virus. I downloaded a couple of high-risk files last week. I was counting on McAfee to help remove the virus but instead it got affected.

I'm running on Windows 8.

I think I posted in the wrong section. Can the mods please move this thread to an appropriate section?

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 6

Are you saying you are running Windows?

If this is the case, we can move to either Virus Scan or Malware Discussion > Home User Assistance.

And suggest further solutions, Such as running the Latest McAfee Getsusp ( Enter Email Address under " Preferences" before scanning. McAfee Stinger (Read how to use) and follow up with Malwarebytes (Free) To keep it Free DO NOT enable or accept any Free Trial Offers/or activate the Premium/Paid Version all throughout the Download/Installation Process.

These ( Free ) Superb Tools and more can be obtained form the following Link:

In addition,should it be the case you need to Uninstall/Reinstall, you can follow these Guidelines/Instructions:

How to uninstall or reinstall supported McAfee products using the Consumer Products Removal tool (MC...

All the best,

Catdaddy

McAfee Volunteer Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 6

As hr says he is running Windows 8 I moved this to VirusScan.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 6

Told ya....My synapses are not firing on all cylinders. Sorry, didn,t notice

Thanks....

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community