Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nab13
Contributor
Message 21 of 48

Re: Google Drive Issue

Jump to solution

I have also been dealing with this issue for weeks. I have an administrator account on my pc. One other temporary workaround that has worked for me was brought to my attention by @p8er here: https://forums.mcafee.com/t5/VirusScan/Mcafee-Real-Time-Scanning-not-allowing-Excel-amp-Word-files-t...

"Temporarily stop running Real Time Scanning, then open a new, empty Excel file, then immediately turn Real Time Scanning back on, and keep that empty Excel file open all day long, and don't use it. Any other Excel files you now open while you already have an Excel file open, will not be affected by the issue."

This has worked for me on Word, Excel, PowerPoint (Office 365) and Adobe Reader.

@Allwyn_GIIs there a timeline for the permanent fix? Other forums highlighted this issue over a month ago.

Allwyn_GI
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 22 of 48

Jump to solution

Hi @nab13,

Apologize for the inconvenience caused to you too. Unfortunately we don't have a timeline but we can assure you that McAfee are working on the issue with high priority and we will udpate you soon with updates.

Regards,

Allwyn I

stinimans
Contributor
Message 23 of 48

Jump to solution

I also experience the same issues for Office files on Google Drive, which I open via Google File Stream and are nominated as a seperate drive on my laptop. I don't experience a problem with PDF files. I can only open my files by copying to my local drive. . 

Revgsmitty
Contributor II
Message 24 of 48

Jump to solution

The notice hasn't been announced in this forum but it appears McAfee has a solution.

McAfee released an update on Monday 9-27-2021 that appears to solve the issue for me. (McAfee Total Protection Version 16.0 Release Name 16.0 R38).  I am using Office 2016 but in another forum some users who have Office 2013 have reported  this hasn't solved the issue for them.

These are the steps I followed:
1. uninstalled McAfee from the computer and cleared cache and then restarted the computer (not sure if this step was necessary but since I had previously done this in order to work around the issue I will leave it here.)

2. downloaded and installed newest version of McAfee

3. restarted computer

Allwyn_GI
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 25 of 48

Jump to solution

Hi All,

The new version of McAfee is released (16.0.R38). Kindly go ahead update your McAfee software manually or by reinstalling the software and check if the issue is resolved.

Regards,

Allwyn I

Chef
Contributor II
Message 26 of 48

Jump to solution

@Allwyn_GI , no it did not solve the issue.  I've followed the steps suggested.  I did check after uninstalling and restarting to see whether or not I could open up files from GoogleDrive and I had no problems...without McAfee installed.  Once I installed McAfee, files from GoogleDrive were blocked again.  I also verified that 16.0 R38 is the version installed.

Allwyn_GI
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 27 of 48

Jump to solution

Hi @Chef,

Thanks for the confirmation. We are sorry that the issue has not been resolved to you yet. McAfee working on this. We will update you with further updates once we receive them.

Regards,

Allwyn I

Atlcenter
Contributor II
Message 28 of 48

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue with trying to access Google drive. The only work around is to turn off the file scan feature in Mcafee.

Why does this take so long to fix this? This is an on going issue and is a big problem for anyone who uses Google Drive.

sean5900xt
Contributor II
Message 29 of 48

Jump to solution

Hate to sound like a broken record with my recent posts, but imagine how easily users could fix this if you would finally add the ability to add entire folders to the exclusion list.

They could just do that until you fix whatever problem McAfee is causing Google Drive. But considering people have been asking for that feature for many many years that's obviously not happening. 

Revgsmitty
Contributor II
Message 30 of 48

Jump to solution

@ChefOne of the things that the Google support tech had me do was to quit Google Drive, then using Task manager quit the Google Drive process. DO NOT uninstall!  Then go to  \Users\User\AppData\Local\Google\ and delete the DriveFS folder. Then restart your computer allowing both Google Drive and McAfee to start.

The DriveFS folder will reload and it seems to help clear out some old preference, script or process that was written to that folder that McAfee picks up and interprets.

Galen

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community