Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ziedan
Contributor
Message 11 of 48

Re: Google Drive Issue

Jump to solution

I'm having the issue again after I changed my PC and installed McAfee. Any permenant solution other than disabling the real time scanning? 

TadC
Contributor
Message 12 of 48

Jump to solution

Is there an update on this issue? As other members have said this is very disruptive . I can confirm that turning real time scanning off resolves the issue so it is clear where the problem lies. If it is not resolved soon I'll have to try Norton

Allwyn_GI
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 13 of 48

Jump to solution

Hi @TadC 

We apologize for the inconvenience caused. McAfee is working towards an resolution for this issue. We will update at the earliest ASAP.

Regards,

Allwyn I

Allwyn_GI
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 14 of 48

Jump to solution

Hi @ziedan,

Sorry to hear that you are facing the issue again. Please try updating McAfee manually and check if it works. Make sure windows is also up-to date. Kindly update us the outcome.

Regards,

Allwyn I

Chef
Contributor II
Message 15 of 48

Jump to solution

@Allwyn_GI ,

I am at a complete loss and this is incredibly frustrating.  I still have the exact same problem.  The problem seems specific to GoogleDrive and opening documents through File Explorer.  I don't have the problem with OneDrive.  I have to copy and paste any document to my desktop in order to open it.  McAfee Security Center keeps telling me that it successfully blocked a fileless threat: https://service.mcafee.com/?locale=en-US&articleId=TS102828&page=shell&shell=article-view

After I uninstalled and reinstalled McAfee Total Protection multiple times on my Microsoft Surface as well as Google Drive. I finally realized I was the only person having the problem.  My account is an administrator (only user on the computer), but if I use a local account I do not get this error.

I replicated this failure and success on three different computers with the following software versions:

• Windows 10 Home Version 21H1, OS Build: 19043.1237, Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0
  • McAfee Total Protection 16.0 Release 16.0 R37; SecurityCenter Build 19.7.126, Version 19.7
  • GoogleDrive Version 51.0.9.0

If I use the standard account, I don't have a problem opening files from GoogleDrive.  If I use my administrator account, I can't open anything.

I hope this helps your efforts to remedy the problem. 

v/r,

Chef

ziedan
Contributor
Message 16 of 48

Jump to solution

Tried to update it mannually it says i have the latest update and still have the same issue

Chef
Contributor II
Message 17 of 48

Jump to solution

@ziedan , is your account an Administrator account or a Standard account in Windows?

ziedan
Contributor
Message 18 of 48

Jump to solution

My account is administrator

Chef
Contributor II
Message 19 of 48

Jump to solution
I just realized this thread is marked "Solved." It is NOT solved! Users with Administrator privileges are kept from opening GoogleDrive files because McAfee security sees it as a fileless threat and kills it.
Allwyn_GI
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 20 of 48

Jump to solution

Hi Team,

This is an ongoing issue which McAfee is working. The accept solution might have been selected by one of the customers. Please don't worry. We will be replying to the same post once we receive updates from McAfee.

Regards,

Allwyn I

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community