cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nmw01223
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Generic.dx!fjz - false positive with Guitar Pro

This is really aimed at McAfee themselves, not other users, but I cannot figure out a way of sending them a message without paying for support or going through the rigmarole of the virtual assistant. May also be of use to users, however.

I have had a false positive on this on two machines, in the installer for Guitar Pro. The following is the communication with Arobas (writers of Guitar Pro):

Me:
My virus checker (McAfee) has just reported a trojan in gp5online.exe in the program install folder. It is called Generic.dx!fjz. I tried to reinstall the application, and it immediately detected it again during the install process. This makes me think there is a virus in your installer - GP5FULL.exe. Is this true?

Them:
Hi,

There is no virus in the installer file, but we've received several reports of MacAfee warnings. This appears to be a mistaken detection on the part of the antivirus. We are bug free, you can go ahead and install.

We remain at your disposal for any additional information you may require.

Musically Yours,
Romain, Customers' Department
Guitar Pro.
3 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 4

RE: Generic.dx!fjz - false positive with Guitar Pro

There's a sticky at the top of this and many other sections on what to do with false detections: http://community.mcafee.com/showthread.php?t=233664
nmw01223
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Seems to be closed.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 4

Of course it's closed, it's FYI only.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community