Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dajiang
Contributor II
Message 1 of 6

Full scan with Internet Security

Hello

In the past few weeks I have set off a couple of  full scans of my pc using internet security over night.

The following morning on returning to the pc, McAfee was not open, and the logs show a custom scan of one file. This must have been an earlier scan of a file I have done previously before the full scan.

I was wondering whether the problem was anything to do with the change of date over night.

So I ran a full scan during the daytime and it completed successfully.

Thoughts appreciated

5 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 6

Re: Full scan with Internet Security

So the logs show the scan that is not overnight? I assume from your comments that this happened more than once?

By logs you mean security history. Does the history show the scan later on or never?

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 6

Discussion successfully moved from Community Support to VirusScan

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
dajiang
Contributor II
Message 4 of 6

Peacekeeper

Yes I am looking in Security History.

The scan that ran successfully on the same day appears in the log files.

The two times previous where the scan ran over into the next day and apparently did not complete since Mcafee was closed down when I went to check the next day do not show up in the log files.

This seems to be a new problem, because in the past scans running over night into the next day have been successful.

Peacekeeper
Message 5 of 6

The PC didn't go to sleep did it  I take it you did not watch the overnight? Oh was the PC off or only Mcafee? 1 I cannot see the difference running during the day except as you said the date change . Did you have shut down on completion selected. I am gathering info so I can ask the techs in our Monday call.

Try running MVT and see if it finds anything amiss and post the session ID here.

MVT

I assume you on 16.0.5. 16.0.R6 out for new installs and16.0.5 will get an upgrade soon.

dajiang
Contributor II
Message 6 of 6

Peacekeeper

No the PC did not sleep. The PC was running only McAfee was shutdown the next morning.

I do not select shutdown on completion and they do not show in the logs as I mentioned before.

Yes, I am running 16.0.5.

As I said before this has not been a problem in the past. My PC is set to UK time but I have been in Malaysia for quite a while, but this has not stopped scans in the past.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community