cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MaryHoll
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Full scan stuck on 66%

I'm trying to do a full scan on my computer (PC Windows 10) but it is taking days! Now it has stuck at 66% with no increase in the number of files scanning - 1159427. I'm not a confident computer user so need some help on what the problem is and how to unstick it in simple language. Thank you.

3 Replies
Nagesh_G
Message 2 of 4

Re: Full scan stuck on 66%

Hi @MaryHoll ,

Greetings from Mcafee,

Kindly try updating the windows and reinstall the Mcafee and try running the scan and update us the outcome .

Regards

Nagesh G

MaryHoll
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the advice but since I posted this I got the message that the scan had been completed and no threats found. It seems that the information panel was not reflecting what was actually happening? My computer has now returned to its normal speed too as it was very slow whilst scanning.

My Windows is up to date as I use automatic updates (but have not braved Windows 11 yet!). My computer came with McAfee installed and all I had to do was activate it so not sure how to do a reinstall. I did say my computer experience was limited.

As the problem seems to have solved itself, I'll leave it for now. 

BRAC_Minot
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

My PC (Windows 11) Used to scan just fine until a couple moths ago. Now the scan hangs at 66%.  I've tried reinstalling and everything, but nothing works. If this isn't fixed within a month or two I am discontinuing my McAfee subscription and going to Norton.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community