cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dil3000yo
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

Full scan freezes up and shuts down computer!

EVERY time I run a full scan on my computer it freezes up at either 50% or 51%, usually (every time that I have noticed anyway) it is on a C:\Windows\Installer..... file. Not only does the scan freeze up, it then shuts my computer down and when it reboots itself it tells me "Windows has recovered from an unexpected shut down".

This does not happen when I do a quick scan.

HELP! I haven't been able to do a full scan in weeks. Really starting to worry me.
Labels (2)
1 Reply
bonkbonk
Former Member
Message 2 of 2

RE: Full scan freezes up and shuts down computer!

Mine does the same thing.. but it freezes during Programs\Dell\Intro. I have been kind of ignoring it b/c the quick scan works fine, but the machine is quite slow so it might have a problem.
The scan also always lists one item detected by the time it freezes.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community