cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nisa51
Contributor III
Message 11 of 92

Re: Full Scan issues

Hmmm I dont think I like this idea I still dont think its good protection bad news I say

Peacekeeper
Message 12 of 92

Not really viruses spread when file accessed so the real time scanner will pick up anything it is programed to find plus unknown files it checks with the cloud.

When i first saw this I was like you as I liked scanning every file but after running it for 9 mths (I am a beta tester) It has grown on me and I understand why it is this way. I also would like an option to scan all files as an alternative but I cannot see that happening. We mods will discuss this with the McAfee high level techs on Monday PM call.

Recently we were asked by the forum lead tech whether we had any issue or ideas we wante dto add to the products . This full scan feature I did add to the email I sent.

benny_bear
Former Member
Message 13 of 92

I am experiencing the 1% scan as well. A full scan stays on 1% for hours. It appears to be carrying on scanning files but just stays on 1%.

Also the scan interface has changed. The custom scan is replaced by a message about running a scan directly from Windows ...

I have reinstalled the Total protection from my account with the product returning to its former state ie scans properly with a percentage showing. However after a few days it goes back to the diferent interface and the "1%" mode.

Also the vulnerability scan stays on 17% and never gets any further.

I'm on Windows 8.1 (for music hardware driver reasons) and keep everything else up to date.

I hope the product is still working properly as I'm starting to lose confidence in it.

Peacekeeper
Message 14 of 92

I am asking about the1% issue inour Monday call. Re the interface are you talking about the new blue interface?

The old 1 was green. If so this normal.. Will check the custom scan option this now different than previous in that cutom scan is now a manual scsn ie right click on folder and choose scan

benny_bear
Former Member
Message 15 of 92

Thanks for the reply. The interface is the old green one. Currently scanning 102000 files still 1%. How do we acquire the new blue interface? Reinstalled and it went back to the previous condition, then on update it's now in the 1% state again. Concerned that it isn't working properly. It just doesn't feel right.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 16 of 92

It should eventually be Auto Upgraded to the New (Blue) GUI. If your Affld # is 0 you should be getting it in short order.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Peacekeeper
Message 17 of 92

As mentioned I am asking about the pause in our call tomorrow i will update you then if I find anything out.

Peacekeeper
Message 18 of 92

Yes custom scan says in the help that you run it from windows ie right click a drive/folder/file and choose scan.

arctic_ocean
Contributor II
Message 19 of 92

Facing the same issue (files before ca. 300k now 50k; time before 2h now 0,5h). Full scan result either does not show anymore how many processes were scanned.

I have to agree Nisa51 - I do not like it. Especially statistic are very confusing when comparing along the time series over the last 2 month and it is not announcend in advance...

Would be great when you can keep us up tp date about the results of your call tomorrow.

Peacekeeper
Message 20 of 92

Will do. The new scanning seems to work well as I sad used it from day 1 9mths ago and never had an issue. It is a big change as we were used to many years of the former scanning method but if this works and scanning faster  it will be ok if pauses sorted.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community