Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 81 of 92

Re: Full Scan issues

I have no other activity going on Tracy when I run the Full Scan. I am offline and all applications are closed.The only add-ons I have are Web Advisor/Adblock Plus My scheduled Quick Scan runs quickly, and my Manual Quick Scan runs quickly. I have plenty of internet speed with no high latency.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Nisa51
Contributor III
Message 82 of 92

My scan does not get stuck just very slow.

no other apps runnung

I have two drives c drive with os and i stalled programmes and e drive with my data on. I dont know how many files on the old scan system it would scan about 350k fikes or more

Peacekeeper
Message 83 of 92

My case 420000 files scans 46000 approx.

C drive 256Gb

D drive 2Tb

E drive 3Tb

Nothing doing bar net surfing No apps

No particular file  will retest again

1hr 20 mins scan no 3. I feel this a tad long considering last run 1 day ago. Paused on a dll file for 10 minutes on my data drive

jonnywalker
Contributor III
Message 84 of 92

I did a full scan tonight it scanned 70680 objects in three hours and ten minutes! I thought this new engine should take a shorter time scanning, but this took double the time to do a full scan and it scanned less objects. Is this normal ? When I do a fast scan it takes a shorter time than with the old engine. So wasn´t the new engine supposed to be quicker ?

Just wondering how often does other users performe a full scan ? I usally do the quick scan and about once a month I do the full scan. But I done so long before this new engine came around so that shouldn´t be the problem or ?

fencelink7
Former Member
Message 85 of 92

This new full scan is a disaster. The old one worked great for me. Why fix what isn't broken?

Peacekeeper
Message 86 of 92

Sigh we have mentioned here why it was changed to scan only files that can carry a payload. WE mods have gotten the product manager to post in this thread and he explained why the change. All I can suggest is add your vote to the consumer ifea here. the manager posted in that thread .

Peacekeeper
Message 87 of 92

Oh I meant add to the idea support number ie tick the counter, not to post complaints as that not what the idea forum is designed for.

raymondd
Contributor II
Message 88 of 92

Not answered - McAfee Product Development Management/Group seems to have no intention of fixing the gutted scanning component or restoring user control.  -  THEREFORE, "Assumed Answered." IS COMPLETELY INCORRECT.

Please vote on my full original post referenced by Peacekeeper (85. Re: Full Scan issues, Jul 9, 2017 1:55 PM) at .

Every subsequent "Full" scan takes longer than the last, it is not skipping previously scanned files (with v16.0).  V16 scans less than 8% of the files that v14 did and takes much longer to even accomplish that.  It also no longer updates the activity database, so as of about 2 weeks ago, the "Security History" report no longer shows current scan executions.

For a full list of what I have found to have been removed from the scanning component, please see my other linked comment as well as well as Peacekeeper's noted above.

This is now certainly not a product i trust, nor one I would purchase.

atmac2017
Former Member
Message 89 of 92

My AntiVirus Plus stopped scanning after the June update. I saw people with same problems so thought I would wait until the next update, which happened yesterday 12th July 2017 for me. It then stopped working totally, saying starting Starting Real Time scanning, which after about 30 mins did not happen. I found the Virtual Tech and that would not work saying I had not internet connect, then after several tries said HTTP Error 503. I gave up and removed McAfee and used the MCPR.exe app after, I then installed McAfee again but it will not scan, just stuck again on the 1% screen, waited 5 hours to say it had scanned about 4750 files, but notice that if I click on anything on my pc now it takes about 1 min to open anything. What have they done to me and everyone else. Before the June update it used to take about 3 hours to scan my pc, about 1.3 million files. Just don't have time to keep messing round with this problem and now have lost faith in it to protect my pc at all.

Peacekeeper
Message 90 of 92

This not normal mine working fine took 1hr 15 mins "full" scan this 5th scan after install and after a 1 week layoff of no scans. I agree should be faster and have mentioned this to the developers. Will retry today should be faster than that time as only 24 hrs since last run.

You need to contact support and I feel get higher support assistance ie ask for an escalation.

Support

The not answered unsure who marked that once marked I cannot change it sorry. The scan is scanning as they (McAfee) intended re file numbers and I feel is taking too long. especially with a reasonable part of the scan locked on 1 file for up to 20 minutes. I clicked up your idea as you expressed what i have already said to the techs when i saw it. I do expect things will settle down re scanning times soon.

Will update the Manager of the program.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community