cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peacekeeper
Message 71 of 92

Re: Full Scan issues

15.1 and 16 were both LAM versions so one would expect that . 14.12 or so was a different beast,

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 72 of 92

I realize that,however in her 1st post she indicated she was on 16.0.154.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Peacekeeper
Message 73 of 92

Ok my mistake all scans same sorry Nisa51 and CD

Nisa51
Contributor III
Message 74 of 92

I do a scan every Wednesday last week was fine took under an hour and compLeted. Today I switched the pc on to do the scan somit is idle in 1 hour and 15 mins it had not completed and only 69% done and 56k files to me that is a long time I had to go out so cancelled the scan. I did have a big update on MCafee 2 days ago which required a pc reboot in fact that caused problems too.

it took a couple of reboots for mcafee to work and enable me to open the programme, but that was on another thread.

the point is a full scan niw onky scans less files and today the scan was going to take far longer than what the okd scans did scanning a geat deal more files. The point I am saying is why did this weeks take a very long time.

sorry for typos not on pc but ipad right now

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 75 of 92

Are you saying that you were upgraded to;

McAfee Security Center

Build: 16.1.160

Virus Scan

Build:20.1.159

I will run another Full Scan tonight and check the duration.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Nisa51
Contributor III
Message 76 of 92

Just checked catdaddy and yes that is the one

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 77 of 92

Thanks   I just ran a full Scan, it reached 50% @ 50mins 23,268 files.

Completed 100% Total time 1hr 42 mins 44,512 files. I will run another and check the duration.Capture.PNG

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 78 of 92

I'm sorry I will have to run at a later time. We are having severe weather at the moment due to the Tropical storm.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Peacekeeper
Message 79 of 92

Ok last night scan was 1 hr 30 minutes or so today scan was 30 minutes. Same number of files and same version as you have. This expected as no need to scan unchanged files. Most time was scanning my data drive.

tromine
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 80 of 92

I am escalating this internally.  Those scans are awfully long.  Questions:

1. Does the scan get stuck on a particular file?
  2. Any other background activity on system or other apps?  Got Nisa's answer early that no apps were.
  3. How many drives & files are on system?

Trying to rule out any obvious issues.  Thanks for taking the time to let us know.

Product Manager, McAfee Consumer Software
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community