Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tromine
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 61 of 92

Re: Full Scan issues

Nisa - I'd like to find out what was happening here.  What kind of net connection were you using?  You say nothing else was running...but how is your PC's typical performance?  Thanks for the feedback.

Product Manager, McAfee Consumer Software
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 62 of 92

Of course Johnny   It was not received that way. All comments and personal input are immensely appreciated. Thank you.

I might add that my connection is broadband/wired 300mbs.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Nisa51
Contributor III
Message 63 of 92

My PC is actually in top condition not too old, with i7 quad core with 8 threads Processor, and is serviced every year.  My tower is hardwired with a constant bandwidth speed of 13MB download. Last weeks scan was not too bad and it did complete todays scan was a joke tbh. I have not tried it since, cannot do that now as I am very busy on the PC with a great deal of other programs running. I always do the scan when machine is Idle,

tromine
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 64 of 92

Today's scan was a joke?

Peacekeeper
Message 65 of 92

With this full scan the first scan usually takes a while but subsequent scans are faster as it remember files previously scanned and notes if they have changed. At least that is my memory of what we were told. . Tracy I assume Nisa51 means it took ages to scan and far longer than last scan and it did not complete as she stopped it..

Was the working completed scan on the old version of Mcafee?

I will do a full scan later and time it. Will then redo it later today and time it again.

tromine
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 66 of 92

Assumed 'today's scan' was reference to a subsequent scan...after the one that took forever.  Maybe one and the same.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 67 of 92

The last time I ran a 'Full Scan' it took 1 hr 40 minutes. I have not tried running one immediately afterwards.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Peacekeeper
Message 68 of 92

Try 1 now  should take way less.

Peacekeeper
Message 69 of 92

Understand Nisa51 now today's scan was the 1 that did not complete and had to be stopped. The question is were both using 16.0 (LAM) version.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 70 of 92

I always run a Full Scan with each new Build/Version. It took the basically the same amount of time as 15.1/16.0.

I will test once again later.  I am on 16.1 now.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community