cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peacekeeper
Message 51 of 92

Re: Full Scan issues

Thanks mate for that. Quiltgirl does that answer your question?

quiltgirl
Contributor III
Message 52 of 92

I guess, but I still miss the option for a full scan.

tromine
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 53 of 92

Duly noted.  Thanks for the feedback.

Product Manager, McAfee Consumer Software
quiltgirl
Contributor III
Message 54 of 92

Yet another questions about the cloud?  What if you are on a very slow internet, won't it take longer to access a local file since the cloud needs to be consulted?  What if on an insecure network, can the cloud interaction be intercepted?  And what if the server in the cloud is down?  How will the check for virus be done?

tromine
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 55 of 92

These are deeper product design questions that we won't discuss in detail on a public forum.  Suffice to say that the amount of data being processed to Cloud is tiny, and is usually a case of milliseconds in transmission - regardless of network speed.  We have security measures in place to prevent interception/abuse, and our Cloud infrastructure is closely monitored. 

Product Manager, McAfee Consumer Software
quiltgirl
Contributor III
Message 56 of 92

ok, I assume someone has thought about these issues.

Nisa51
Contributor III
Message 57 of 92

I just tried to do my weekly virus scan, taking far far too long, in fact I never had to complete it this week. I had to cancel it at 69% Scanned 56,000 files and took 1 hr. and 15 mins. to reach that point, it was still scanning but had to cancel I had to leave the house. Normally my scans before would be over and done with in about 50 mins on the old full scan, I am beginning to hate this new McAfee system.After being with mcAfee for nearly 12 years I may think about a change.

It should not take that long to do a full scan. For information there was nothing else running on the PC it was idle.

jonnywalker
Contributor III
Message 58 of 92

Just want to point out in a test done by one of the major independent av test institutes the result dropped from about 99% found threats to about 76% when there were no internet connection for the McAfee aplication. So it needs to be considered.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 59 of 92

If I may, I might add that my scheduled scan completed in a little more than 4 minutes this morning. As for my machine being offline. I basically leave my machine on and reboot periodically. As I monitor the Forum all throughout the day/night.

My personal experience is I have never been infected.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
jonnywalker
Contributor III
Message 60 of 92

Neither have I. But it´s worth considering, when more and more is happening in the so called cloud. Just thought it would be helpfull to have an notification in the UI that a connection is established. Not just saying that your pc is safe regardless if you have an internet connection or not. On the other hand maybe it should slow down performance ? Just a thought of mine. It was not meant as criticism. Just as a suggestion.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community