cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peacekeeper
Message 41 of 92

Re: Full Scan issues

Try disabling VS updaying windows updates and see if that helps. Let Windows do that itself.

jonnywalker
Contributor III
Message 42 of 92

Sorry ! I wrote enabled when I ment disabled Sometimes it gets wrong when typing in another language than your own. By the way I have the same version of the VS (much easier to type ) as you have. Maybe this answer was a bit confusing as I´ts an answer to both catdaddy and peacekeeper you will figure it out.

Peacekeeper
Message 43 of 92

Strange Mine does not pause. version 6.0.129

jonnywalker
Contributor III
Message 44 of 92

It only happens when it starts scanning by itself , not when I does it manually.

Peacekeeper
Message 45 of 92

Ok  will check that as well

Peacekeeper
Message 46 of 92

Ok worked fine maybe you need to contact support they will reinstall as 1st possibility though have you run MVT at all?

MVT the virtual Technician

This better move to its own thread if many more posts as Nisa51's thread here is regarding the full scan feature or lack thereof.

Peacekeeper
Message 47 of 92

Jonnywalker

We getting support to touch base with you.

quiltgirl
Contributor III
Message 48 of 92

I am a little concerned that the cloud is relied on too much.  What if the PC is offline (not on the internet) and a file is imported (from a cd, thumb drive, etc.)  Is there enough info on the PC to find viruses when the cloud cannot be accessed?

Peacekeeper
Message 49 of 92

Best we let Tracy the Program manager answer that if he available

Any info you can add?

tromine
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 50 of 92

Quiltgirl: that's an astute observation.  What we have done is create an optimized list of virus signatures that we keep on the PC, emphasizing types of malware most likely to be carried via thumb drives / connected media - example Macro viruses that attach to documents.  Research shows incidents of offline infection are so rare as to be nearly unmeasurable - but in order to keep you safe and stay ahead of the bad guys, we addressed the need.  Looking forward, we are working on adding some of our 'observation' techniques (currently limited to Cloud) to the client itself - as the future will be less about virus signature tracking, and more about identifying suspicious attributes.  Instead of having to play whack-a-mole with a hundred signatures...stop the whole family by identifying them by their looks & behavior.

Tracy

p.s. ​, thanks for the heads up on this question!

Product Manager, McAfee Consumer Software
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community