cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nisa51
Contributor III
Message 1 of 92

Full Scan issues

Usually when I run a Full Scan with McAfee Internet Security it would take about 50 mins to an hour and scans like over 300,000 files. I have just tried a full scan now it is only scanning 44,000 files and finished in about 3 mins. Is this a bug or something  I have Version 16.0 Build 16.0.154

91 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 92

Re: Full Scan issues

No , this is by design.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 92

Discussion successfully moved from SecurityCenter to VirusScan

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Nisa51
Contributor III
Message 4 of 92

So this is normal then not scanning whole Pc only part?

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 92

As you can see it contains a New Scanning engine which increases system performance. It basically scans files/processes now only when they are accessed.

There is also a New (Blue) interactive GUI.

The integrity of your protection is still secure.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
neillo
Contributor III
Message 6 of 92

I have a similar problem, but the full scan this morning took at least as long as normal yet only scanned 86000 files instead of 426000. It also stayed nearly 2 hours on 1% complete before suddenly changing to 28% complete.

I have Total Protection. The Virus Scanner is ...

Version 20.0

Build 20.0.160

Last Update 31/05/2017

Engine version2999.0

Engine creation date 02/06/2017

Nisa51
Contributor III
Message 7 of 92

Thats what happened to me neillo was stuck on 77000 files and 1%. Thats when I stopped it started another full scan, it scanned 44000 files in about 5 mins. It doesnt sound right at all. I scanned then with Malwarebytes to make sure nothing was there.

I think something is wrong with the scan

Peacekeeper
Message 8 of 92

I noticed pauses of 10 minutes all seems fine. After it finishes the next full scan should take less time ads it remembers files scanned before and checks if changed.

Nisa51
Contributor III
Message 9 of 92

Peacekeeper doing a full scan should scan all files on the Pc? Not just part of them. Is this new with McAfee now that it does not scan all files if that is the case then I do mot think McAfee is offering a full security as it should.

Peacekeeper
Message 10 of 92

It used to do that but now scans files when accessed. I am asking the techs more about this in our Monday call. The scheduled scan is a quick scan and full for s certain files only but access scanning still protecting you.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community