cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NL1
Contributor
Message 1 of 15

Full Scan does not complete

I have previously run regular Full Scans with no issues (once a month).

However, this month (6 & 7 October) and last month the scan has gotten to 56% and just stopped - no error messages. I've left it running all night (once it's reached 56%) and found it still stuck at the same place the next day. 

I have McAfee LiveSafe and on checking, it says I have the latest version.

Can you advise how I can resolve this please? 

Please let me know if you need any further details. 

Many thanks

14 Replies
Venkat_YM
Message 2 of 15

Re: Full Scan does not complete

Hi @NL1 

Greetings from McAfee.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Please let us know the below details for better understanding to help you further.

Operating system and its version
McAfee version
Screenshot of the issue.

Alternatively, you can always contact chat support using the link below for immediate assistance or call our helpline number 24/7 (866-622-3911) US.

McAfee Support

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

Regards,
Venkat

BRAC_Minot
Contributor
Message 3 of 15

My PC (Windows 11) Used to scan just fine until a couple moths ago. Now the scan hangs at 66%. I've tried reinstalling and everything, but nothing works. If this isn't fixed within a month or two I am discontinuing my McAfee subscription and going to Norton.

Venkat_YM
Message 4 of 15

Hi @BRAC_Minot 

Please perform the below steps and check how it goes

• Check any external device is connected, if connected remove it and initiate scan.
  • Check the device storage there should minimally space in it.
  • Type sfc /scannow in the command prompt
  • Remove all temp files, prefetch files and %temp% files.
  • Run McAfee malware cleaner

Alternatively, you can always contact chat support using the link below for immediate assistance or call our helpline number 24/7 (866-622-3911) US.

McAfee Support

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

Regards,
Venkat

Peacekeeper
Message 5 of 15

I was getting a lock up at 99%.

Biggish update today to VS 11.2258.0 and McAfee TP 1.12.335.

Full scan completed in 2 hrs 774000 files. This after I did the sfc /scannow and other things suggested above. Unsure what fixed it

NL1
Contributor
Message 6 of 15

Hi Venkat, 

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

I've completed the steps in your guidance, but am still having the same trouble - the full scan keeps getting stuck.

I will contact customer support. 

Venkat_YM
Message 7 of 15

Hi @NL1 

Thanks for the update.

We would like to inform you that, we have reported this issue and McAfee working towards the resolution. The fix version for this issue is 16.0.113 which will get updated automatically and you would be receiving it in the second week of November. 

Regards,
Venkat

Captain_Obvious
Contributor
Message 8 of 15

With 112, it caused my scan of 2 hard drives to reach 100% halfway through, and keep scanning at 100% for several more hours until complete.

A couple more observations:

- single file scan with right click hung

- even when no scan running, the sound of disk access is constant

Venkat_YM
Message 9 of 15

Hi @Captain_Obvious 

Please find the response on the same above which informed to the other users.

Regards,
Venkat

JO2
Contributor
Message 10 of 15

Full Scan does not complete

Today is 16 November 2023 and I am also experiencing the problem of manual full scans failing to complete.

I have now attempted to run a full scan THREE TIMES in the last 24 hours.

I am using McAfee Internet Security - 1 device on a Windows laptop that runs Windows 10.

This month (November 2023) is the first time that I have experienced this problem.

The first scan stopped at 60% after having scanned more than 300,000 files; it just suddenly ended. I clicked on the McAfee icon in the task bar and the scan began again FROM THE BEGINNING!

The second scan ceased when it stated 92% but it had only scanned approximately 250,000 files.

The final attempted stopped at 67% and had scanned in excess of 250,000.

There is no logic to how the attempted full scan are behaving.

Also, I see that MANY members of this forum have been experiencing this same problem of full scans failing to complete.

McAfee, when will this issue be resolved?

If there is already a successful solution to this problem, please share it! Many thanks.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community