Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jason68
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

Full Scan Schedule options when scan missed

Jump to solution

Can someone confirm that I've got this right please? Virus Scan 15 (as part of Total Protection).

1/ I schedule a regular full scan for 0400 monthly

2/ The scan time is usually missed, so when I next am active on my laptop the scan kicks off, killing my productivity for the best part of half a day.

There is no option to 'always scan at 0400' or anything like that? I know that I can cancel it but I assume that full scanning is a good idea.. Ideally the scan would try each day at 0400 until successful!

Even with the scanning set to minimum resources this is a problem for me as I do actual heavy lifting work that requires all of my cores, so the PC grinds to a halt..

So my options seem to be - a) ensure that the scan can take place at 0400 when scheduled or b) switch it off (current solution).

So there are a couple of questions really..

i/ Am I right in my basic assumptions above?

ii/ How do I ensure that the 0400 scan takes place? My Laptop is seldom off, most often asleep so I assumed that the scan would go..

Thanks,

Jason.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 4

Re: Full Scan Schedule options when scan missed

Jump to solution

In your case, as in mine, I would turn off the scheduled scan and do it whenever suits you.  So yes you are right.

The only way an 0400 scan would take place is to go into Power Settings and make sure nothing sleeps all night.

VirusScan wont wake a computer to do anything.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

In your case, as in mine, I would turn off the scheduled scan and do it whenever suits you.  So yes you are right.

The only way an 0400 scan would take place is to go into Power Settings and make sure nothing sleeps all night.

VirusScan wont wake a computer to do anything.

jason68
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

Thanks Mr Ex-Brit (surely Brit now with all those medals flooding in?).

Good to know the way it is!

J

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

Well as I'm now also a Canadian and live in Canada I admire them from afar, so to speak 😉

Glad to help.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community